DTU Diplom, the Center for Bachelor of Engineering Studies, at the Technical University of Denmark, invites applications for a position as Associate Professor in Automation and Robotics, within the Department for Design, Mechanical Engineering and Production Engineering.
DTU Diplom, located at the DTU Ballerup Campus, offers Bachelor Engineering programs, with an international focus, preparing engineering students for careers in a globalized world.
The position focuses on teaching and supervision of students in the field of Industrial Automation and Robotics. We educate our students to become innovative engineers, who can translate new ideas into practical solutions, in close collaboration with industry. The position includes development of innovation projects with industry and development of new teaching methods and new courses.
Responsibilities and tasks
The position includes lecturing and supervision of students in the field of Industrial Automation and Robotics technology, inspiring and supporting them for their future career. The educational concept is based on the CDIO (Conceive, Design, Implement, Operate) format. Student assignments and projects are carried out in collaboration with business and industry as well as with research and educational institutions, nationally and internationally.
Your teaching and development responsibilities cover the following subjects:
- Practical application of robotics, including cobots, drones and industrial robots
- Control systems and man-machine interaction, operation and programming of automation systems and robots
- Industrial automation technology and systems in manufacturing industries
- Manufacturing engineering and technology
- Mechatronics, intelligent autonomous electromechanical systems, including consumer products
Collaboration with industry is important at DTU Diplom, and you must develop relations with companies, industry associations and government institutions to support this. Some of these collaboration projects require external funding, and therefore your tasks include applying for financial support for these projects.
In addition, you must be prepared to expand your teaching competencies to meet DTU's future needs.
We expect that you hold a Master’s degree in engineering or science, possibly a PhD, and in addition have:
- At least five years of relevant high-level professional experience
- Knowledge, experience and expertise within automation and robotics technology
- Experience with innovation, development projects and commercialization
- Experience with communication, teaching or training
- Experience with research and development, research collaboration and funding
- International experience
You must be passionate about teaching and supervision of Danish and international students. The teaching language is Danish, but some courses and projects can be in English. It is important that you master the Danish language, or are willing to learn this as soon as possible.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Relevant professional experience within automation and robotics technology
- Experience and quality of teaching, training and communication
- Research and development impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International experience
- Leadership potential, collaboration and project management
- Danish language skills, the majority of courses is taught in Danish
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section Frank Ebskamp, tel.: +45 3196 4942.
You can read more about DTU Diplom at www.diplom.dtu.dk/english
Please submit your online application no later than 24 June 2019 (local time).
To view the full announcement and to apply: www.career.dtu.dk